Who we are:A.R. Clarke gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data rights.
Our registered office is at Lawley House, Butt Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3DG and we are a Company registered in England and Wales under company number 03428822. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers (registration number ZA412095). Our nominated Data controller is Mr Matthew Gwinnell.
Changes to the privacy noticeWe may update our privacy notice to ensure that we are keeping in line with the data protection legislation. We shall of course notify you if any changes are made.
Information we collect and processA.R. Clarke processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our funeral director services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect online from you is:
- Full name
- Your contact information such as your home address, email address and telephone number(s);
- Funeral arrangement details for the funeral you are booking;
- Payment details
How we collect your personal dataThis may be collected via the following means:
- Directly from you in person or by telephone, fax, email or other forms of electronic communication. In this respect, we may monitor, record and store any such communication;
- Through any other websites
- When you fill out an online form on the website; and
- Via cookies when you visit the website, data is collected automatically and in line with your cookie settings in your browser. Please review our cookies policy on this website.
What do we use your personal data for?A.R. Clarke takes your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. If you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- Establishing a business relationship with you in order to provide our services and products;
- Managing the services we provide to you;
- Internal record keeping – we may use the information to improve our products and services.
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal information?
- We collect your personal data with relation to the performance of a contract to provide you with the services you require.
- To comply with our legal obligations to enable us to make decisions about you and any related person for fraud prevention and anti-money laundering purposes.
Your RightsHere is a list of the rights that you have under the data protection legislation:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal InformationWe do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. A.R. Clarke may use a third party to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
In order to competently provide our services to you, we may provide your data to the following third parties:
- Our agents and service provider intermediaries;
- Professional consultants to obtain specific advice on areas of expertise which concern your business;
- Third parties who assist us in conducting background checks;
- Fraud prevention agencies;
- Our data storage and data disposal providers.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?No. However if in the future we need to transfer your personal data to third parties which are located outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose set out in this policy rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- The country that we send the personal data to is approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data and the rights of a data subject;
- The transfer is to a recipient in the United States of America who has registered under the EU/US Privacy Shield;
- You have explicitly consented to the transfer; or
- The recipient has entered into European Commission standard contractual clauses with us.
Safeguarding measuresA.R. Clarke takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- We store your personal data on secure servers;
- Payment details are encrypted using SSL technology;
- Physical security of premises, e.g. locked office;
- Confidential documents kept in locked cabinets;
- Reduced access privileges to only those needed;
- Access granted to only such personnel who need to have access in connection with their duties; and
- We dispose of confidential documents using a cross cut shredder.
Consequences of Not Providing Your DataYou are not obligated to provide your personal information to A.R. Clarke however, we may be unable to provide with our services without it. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we shall make this clear.
How Long We Keep Your Data ForA.R. Clarke only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Retention periods are in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging a ComplaintA.R. Clarke only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO.
Our contact detailsIf you have any questions regarding the information provided in this policy, please contact us using the following:
129 Kings Road,
What personal information we collect on our websitesYou do not have to give us any personal information in order to use most of the website.
However if you wish to contact us about a product or service via our enquiry form, request more information or volunteer feedback we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Name, address, phone number and email address
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to by using a third party service – Google Analytics. We also collect information about the pages of this website that you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access this website. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Social mediaIf you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored for 3 months. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
How we will use your personal information
The personal information we collect via our website allows us to:
- Respond to your enquiry
- Provide information on the products and services we offer
- Administer our website and provide customer services
- Gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis
- Communicate with you
- Contact you about our products and services which we think might be of interest to you (where we have the appropriate permissions to do so).
Marketing communicationsProvided you have given us the appropriate permissions, we may from time to time contact you by email or telephone or post about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
If at any point, you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us please email us, stating your preferences, at email@example.com. All your personal data stored will be deleted entirely from our system.
Where your personal data is heldAny information obtained via our website, is held electronically at A.R. Clarke, 129 Kings Road, Halstead CO9 1HJ. If requested, all the personal data we hold can be disclosed to you. Should we discover that our data has been breached you will be notified within 72 hours.
Third partiesWe do not sell, trade or rent your information to other parties. We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance and print. In some cases, the third party may receive your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law for information such as a court order, witness summons, or complaint from governmental authorities.
LinksOur website may contain links to other websites. This privacy statement applies only to our web site. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your personal information.
Data Processing AssuranceA.R. Clarke will ensure, by way of training or otherwise, that staff carry out their tasks in a way that will ensure compliance with data protection laws. Each member of staff shall have access to this Policy and shall have an obligation to comply with it.
A.R. Clarke will comply with data protection obligations in accordance with its service agreement including, where appropriate, a data processing agreement.
The Business shall periodically review this Policy and other policies to ensure that they continue to comply with the relevant legal requirements.